Pollution & Professional Coverage for Contractors
While contractors are performing their normal operations, they could face professional exposures by either making slight adjustments to plans to get the job done, supervising other contractors, or providing recommendations that could be considered professional services in the event of a claim.
PartnerOne Contractors Pollution & Professional is a combined CPL and Professional Liability policy that is customized to address the risk exposures encountered by non-environmental contractors.
General contractors, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, roofers, utility contractors, and other non-environmental contractors.
- Limits up to $15,000,000
- Minimum Premium $5,000
- Project policies available
Environmental Exposures for Radon Mitigation Contractors
Radon is a radioactive gas that is extremely difficult to detect because it has no color, odor, or taste. It is naturally present in the Earth and is produced when radium decays. What makes radon unique and potentially hazardous is that you might be inhaling too much of it without knowing it.
According to the EPA, radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. It is responsible for about 21,000 lung cancer deaths every year, with over 2,900 of these deaths occurring among people who have never smoked. And now that radon testing is a routine requirement during real estate transactions and rental agreements, awareness of radon levels and its dangers have risen. Read the article.
Recently written accounts:
- A municipality with two tanks (23 and 38 years old) purchased a Storage Tank Liability policy ($1M/$1M) for $5,000.
- $10M HVAC contractor purchased a $3M/$3M CPL policy with Mold for $8,500.
- $1.5M Recycling and waste brokering services company purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M) and a $1M Excess policy for $10,000.
- $14.7 Street & road contractor purchased a $1M/$1M CPL policy for $7,143.
- $200k Small portfolio of retail & office properties purchased a $1M/$2M EIL policy for $10,420. Coverage includes a 5-year retro date for most properties.
- $2.4M Asbestos abatement contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($2M/$2M) and a $2M Excess policy for $29,500.