For many contractors, particularly those that are specialized, the line between contracting services and professional services has become blurred. While they are performing their normal operations, they could face professional exposures by either making slight adjustments to plans to get the job done, supervising other contractors, or providing recommendations that could be considered professional services in the event of a claim. When these contractors purchase General Liability and CPL policies, they should be aware that professional services are typically excluded. If a claim is tendered under a GL or a CPL policy and it is determined that some of the services the contractor was performing are actually professional services, this can become a problem and in the worst case scenario preclude coverage.
PartnerOne Contractors Pollution & Professional is a combined CPL and Professional Liability policy that is custom tailored to address the risk exposures encountered by non-environmental contractors.
- Limits up to $15,000,000
- Minimum Premium $5,000
- Project policies available
- Mitigation of Damages (additional limit)
- Coverage for LEED Accredited Professionals
- Coverage for the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) design assist programs
- Coverage for Technology Services provided in the course of performing professional services
- Automatic coverage for newly formed entities or acquisitions for 90 days
Contractors Pollution Liability
- Occurrence or claims-made based coverage available
- Emergency Remediation Expenses (without a sub-limit)
- First Party and Contingent Transportation Pollution Liability including loading and unloading
- Blanket Non-Owned Disposal Site Coverage
- Broad Microbial Substance Coverage including mold, mildew, spores, fungi, bacteria and Legionella Pnuemophila
- Site Pollution Liability coverage at named insured owned or leased locations
- Environmental civil and regulatory fines and penalties.
- Natural resource damages (NRD) coverage.
- Restoration Costs included
- Covered operations as defined by you in the application
- Corporate Reputation Rehabilitation (additional limit)
- Crisis Management Expense (additional limit)
- Definition of Bodily Injury includes medical monitoring resulting from injury as well as mental anguish and emotional distress.
Target risks Include, but are not limited to:
- Construction Managers
- Drywall Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- General Contractors
- Geophysical Contractors
- Excavation and Grading
- Foundation Contractors
- Street and Road Contractors
- Structural Steel
- Sewer and Water
- Glass and Glazing Contractors
- HVAC Contractors
- Industrial Maintenance