Porta Potty Rental, Cleaning and Servicing Businesses
We have seen an uptick in porta potty business accounts lately – this is an industry that has seen significant growth for a number of reasons. With the increase in construction projects, music festivals, movie sets, and other public events across the country, these businesses are busier than ever.
From a coverage perspective, the pollution exposure can come from handling/placing the porta potties, transportation, and cleanup. For this class of business, PartnerOne Environmental can write the GL, CPL, E&O and Excess. Coverage starts at just $2,500 and can include a variety of enhancements. Learn more.
What is an Environmental Insurance Underwriter and Why Do They Need So Much Information?
By Chris Reilly, Underwriting Service Manager
If you’ve ever submitted a midterm change request or asked a question partway through quoting that required additional rating, you’ve most likely heard the words “Let me run that by my underwriter.” This commonly uttered phrase is often heard, and while it’s known that brokers and underwriters work together to produce a quote, there is a quite a bit of behind the scenes work that happens before that quote is produced. A large portion of this effort is handled by the environmental underwriter. Read the article.
Recently written accounts
- $450k Porta potty rentals and septic services company purchased GL/CPL ($1M/$2M) and $5M Excess policy going over the Auto for a total of $14,796.
- $1.3M Environmental consultant purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M) and a $5M Excess policy for $15,789.
- Waste hauler with a 3 million gallon waste tank purchased Storage Tank Liability coverage ($1M/$2M) for $7,200.
- $1.25M Asbestos abatement contractor purchased GL/CPL ($1M/$2M) for $34,425. The insured is a NY domiciled risk; we were able to offer comprehensive coverage including NY Labor Law.
- $30M Plumbing contractor purchased CPL/E&O ($1M/$1M) for $15,280.
- A municipality with several locations purchased Storage Tank Liability coverage for $7,162.
- $3M Recycler purchased GL/CPL ($1M/$2M) for $10,585. The insured’s agent had gone out of business, leaving them unable to obtain loss runs. We were not only able to bind subject to a No Known Loss letter instead, but also picked up their expiring retro date in transitioning them from a claims-made to an occurrence policy.
- $8M Commercial and industrial contractor purchased a $1M CPL/E&O policy for $6,300.
- $2.4M Waste broker and recycling firm purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M) and a $2M Excess policy for a total of $23,000.
- $7.5M HVAC contractor purchased CPL with Occurrence Mold coverage for $5,900.