Spotlight: Golf Courses & Storage Tanks
We are already halfway through July and many summer activities have returned to a normal pace. With more than 15,000 golf courses across the country, the operations at these facilities can pose significant environmental exposures.
Golf courses typically have aboveground storage tanks with capacities of 550 gallons or less, which means that the tanks are not regulated by the states and do not require Financial Assurance. These tanks serve a variety of purposes, including storing gas for equipment, as well as chemicals used to maintain the grounds and golf carts. Read more.
Other concerns may include:
- Herbicide & pesticide storage and use
- Faulty or damaged storage tank equipment
- Drainage and irrigation problems
Growing Your Business By Targeting Recyclers
The sheer number of entities engaged in materials recovery is both large and growing. While many specialists exist in this space, all recycling enterprises can be grouped into one of three broad categories…Learn more.
Read Articles Written By PartnerOne Team Members
In the ‘Articles’ section of our website, we feature editorial pieces written by our knowledgeable underwriters and staff members, bringing to you thoughtful and insightful information. Get the latest articles here.
Recent Success stories
- $1.8M Asbestos abatement/mold remediation/interior demolition contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M) and a $2M Excess policy for $23,000.
- $450k Environmental consultant purchased GL/CPL/E&O/EBL/Mold ($1M/$2M) and a $5M Excess policy for $14,177.
- $10M Property restoration and painting services business purchased CPL/Professional ($5M/$5M) for $20,600.
- $500k Air scrubber cleaning/maintenance and monitoring business purchased GL/CPL/E&O/Cyber ($1M/$2M) and a $10M Excess policy for $25,000.
- $40M HVAC and plumbing contractor purchased a $5M/$5M Contractors Pollution Liability policy for $19,376. Despite a potentially large open pollution claim on the incumbent’s prior policy, we were able to get approval to offer competitive terms with matching limits and no increase in the insured’s deductible.
- $15M General contractor purchased CPL/Professional ($2M/$3M) for $14,037.
- $410k Soil sampling and analysis contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M) for $6,890. This account grew significantly this year; we worked with the insured and carrier to keep pricing competitive and provide the coverage needed.