Account Profile: Sand & Gravel Quarry
The PartnerOne team recently bound an account for a $1.75M sand & gravel quarry. The insured purchased GL, Contractors Pollution Liability, Transportation Pollution Liability, Site Pollution Liability (package limits $1M/$2M) and a $3M/$3M Excess policy for $32,069 in premium.
This insured had been in business for roughly 20 years without any pollution coverage, despite operating a large quarry situated entirely within a flood zone of large navigable river. They also operated a fleet of heavy trucks used for transporting aggregate product. We put together a competitive package that not only picked up their GL exposures, but significantly broadened their coverage to include Site Pollution tied to their facility, Contractors Pollution while loading/unloading product, Transportation Pollution while moving it over the road, and Products Pollution associated with the mined aggregate as well. Terms also included Natural Resource Damage within the definition of property damage, which was particularly important due to the facility’s location along a waterway and associated wooded wetlands.
Do you have a challenging account you would like to discuss? Contact us today.
CPL and CPL/E&O opportunities
The PartnerOne team expects to see more CPL and CPL/E&O opportunities in the coming months. With transportation, telecommunications, and alternative energy projects ramping up, there will be an increased need for CPL and CPL/Professional coverage. Learn more.
Entering the holiday season
With the holidays approaching, we are ready to have a strong end to 2021! Please remember to get renewal submissions in as soon as possible –
we are here and ready to help.
Send your submission.
Recent Success Stories
- $2M Tank cleaning contractor purchased GL/Contractors Pollution Liability/E&O/Cyber ($1M/$2M), Auto ($1M CSL), and a $10M Excess policy for $98,000.
- $16M excavation & sitework contractor purchased Contractors Pollution Liability/Professional/Cyber ($1M/$2M) for $15,000.
- $240k Mold remediation contractor who also does a small amount of asbestos in NY purchased GL/Contractors Pollution Liability/E&O($1M/$2M) including mold coverage ($1M/$1M) for $7,750.
- $700k Fire/water damage restoration contractor purchased GL/Contractors Pollution Liability ($1M/$2M) and $2M Excess policy for $29,123. The insured is a NY environmental contractor who split off from his prior company to start on his own, no work downstate, looking for a comprehensive policy to include NY Labor Law coverage.
- $1.5M Environmental consultant purchased GL/Contractors Pollution Liability/E&O/Cyber ($1M/$2M) and a $10M Excess policy for $29,000.
- $1.53 Industrial cleaning & tank cleaning contractor purchased GL/CPL ($1M/$2M) and a $10M Excess policy for $28,437. Because this insured works at oil refineries, they were contractually required to carry $10M Excess limits for both GL & Pollution. Previously their coverage was split among multiple carriers to reach the required limits; we were able to write the full limits with one carrier, providing both streamlined underwriting and claims handling ability.