Contractors Pollution Spotlight: The Facts on Sudden & Accidental
Sudden & Accidental coverage is tied to a discovery and reporting period, and generally covers bodily injury and property damage caused by a pollution loss. If the loss happens over time or is not discovered or reported in the time allowed under the policy form, there is no coverage in place. Additionally, some forms may not have completed operations, action over, or cleanup costs included.
PartnerOne’s Contractors Pollution Liability form covers bodily injury, property damage, and clean up expenses, allowing for a much broader policy and giving full pollution coverage. Coverage starts at just $2,000 and can include many enhancements.
Want to learn more about Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL)? Contact us.
Do your clients need help with a project account? We can help!
We understand that many contractors are seeking pollution coverage to fulfill requirements needed for a project. PartnerOne works closely with agents to get these project accounts bound quickly and easily. Contact us for more information.
Coverage for Dealerships & Repair Shops
Dealerships and repair shops typically have aboveground storage tanks with capacities of up to 550 gallons, which means that the tanks are not regulated by the states and therefore do not require Financial Assurance. Based on this, many of these businesses do not purchase pollution coverage. It is possible that they have some limited pollution coverage in their General Liability policies, but not enough to cover a significant pollution release. Read the article >>
Recent Success Stories
- A gas station with 13 locations and 54 tanks (a mix of older and newer tanks) purchased a $1M/$2M Storage Tank Pollution Liability policy for $18,143.
- $1.7M Wastewater treatment/industrial cleaning services company purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M) and a $4M Excess policy for $25,000.
- $1.2M Emergency response contractor purchased CPL/TPL ($5M/$10M) for $9,455.
- $500k Environmental consultant who performs Phase I, II, III, monitoring, and minimal contracting purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M) for $15,953. Located on Long Island, this environmental consulting firm anticipates about 75% of their work to be performed in the 5 boroughs. We were able to offer the package quote, including GL, with Action Over coverage.
- $16M Electrical contractor purchased Occurrence CPL ($1M/$1M) for $5,865.
- $1.4M Real estate foundation/non-profit organization purchased a 3-year, $3M/$3M EIL policy for $20,079. This non-profit was established to acquire, hold, manage, sell, lease, participate in the development of real estate in support of the educational goals of a university. Insurance was requested for a portfolio of 7 properties that included apartments, retail, offices, and vacant land.