Contractors Pollution Liability for Telecommunications Contractors
By Amanda Duncan, President, PartnerOne Environmental
More non-environmental contractors are purchasing Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL) policies than ever before for a variety of reasons. It may be a contractual requirement for specific projects or a more proactive risk management approach by the insured, as coverage is easily accessible and affordable. One particular industry that has shown an increased need and requirement for CPL in recent months is telecommunications/cable contractors, since fiber optic cable line installation is in high demand and telecommunications companies are requiring CPL polices.
We now live in a society dependent on the internet, as many of us reading this article via our smartphones can verify. Technology continues to evolve, leading to massive projects being implemented by telecommunications companies, not only in the United States, but around the world. Cable lines are being installed and upgraded on a daily basis for all market segments– commercial, retail, institutional, residential–the list goes on and on. Installation involves work being performed both outside a facility as well as inside, exposing cable contractors to several potential environmental concerns. Read the complete article.
Coverage for Habitational Sites
Insureds who manage or own habitational sites face many potential environmental exposures. These entities are unique risks because of the health standards that must be met and maintained in a multi-unit living/working environment. From air quality to food handling, the insured needs to be covered for potential problems that may occur in apartments, patient rooms, cafeterias, labs, classrooms, dorm rooms, and other meeting spaces. Learn more.
Recent Success Stories
– $2M Compost facility purchased GL, CPL, EIL, and a $1M Excess policy for $15,000.
– $45M Electrical contractor purchased CPL for $16,893.
– $950k Company that designs remediation systems purchased GL, CPL, and E&O for $18,463. The insured is in NY (not in the 5 boroughs).
– $450k Emergency response contractor purchased GL, CPL, E&O, and a $4M Excess policy for $15,000.
– $5.6M Manufacturer of solders, powders, fluxes, and accessories for an electronics/printed circuit industry purchased EIL for $5,000.
– $3M Health & safety consultant purchased GL/CPL/E&O and a $10M Excess policy for $36,729.