Insured Spotlight: Asbestos Abatement Contractors
Contractors who work with hazardous substances on a regular basis, as well as consultants who assess the effects of contaminants, have always required specialized coverage. Asbestos in particular was used by builders at the end of the 19th century because of its affordability and resistance to fire. It was used as insulation around pipes, electrical wiring, and in many building components such as floor and ceiling tiles and insulation, caulking, drywall, and drywall joint compound.
Although numerous health concerns have been raised and studies have been conducted about the effects of asbestos exposure, many consumer products still contain trace elements of this material, such as concrete water tanks, panels that surround bathtubs, wood burning stoves, and some insulation materials. Because so many building components may contain asbestos, there could be instances where asbestos abatement contractors could be held responsible for exacerbating or creating additional contamination at jobsites that they have been brought in to remediate.
As the environmental insurance marketplace has expanded, many of these firms have found that coverage is readily available. PartnerOne Environmental offers insurance products that address the needs of environmental contractors; specifically, Contractors Pollution (CPL), GL/CPL/Professional, and Premises Pollution Liability.
Get a CPL Indication Within 24 Hours
The OnTarget Program provides agents with quick and easy access to industry-specific pollution information for their non-environmental contractor clients. Just send us an Acord Applicant Info and CGL application, being sure the insured’s operations and gross revenue are listed. If it fits one of our current program categories, PartnerOne Environmental will send you an indication of cost and Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL) coverage. Get started.
Recent Success Stories
- $1.2M Wetlands rehabilitation purchased GL/CPL/PL ($1M/$2M) for $12,099.
- $5M Non-environmental contractor purchased a $1M/$2M CPL policy for $3,581.
- $325k Fire and water restoration contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O/Mold/EBL for $2,739.
- $5M Drywall contractor purchased CPL with Mold ($2M/$2M) for $4,824. Coverage includes a $2,500 deductible and Occurrence Mold.
- $5.5M Restoration contractor purchased CPL/E&O for $5,050. Ops are 100% subbed out throughout the Southeast: TX, LA, MS, AL, AR, FL, & OK.